If you’re like most brides-to-be, it all starts to sink in right when you and your future husband start to consider…“Where are we getting married?!”
And selecting the best wedding venue in south Florida is like finding the ultimate jackpot for your big day. It’s a game-changer that can make your wedding unforgettable, both for you and your guests.
However, with so many options out there in the Sunshine State, how do you even begin to narrow it down?
Don’t worry, we’ve got your back! We’ve put together a list of the top 12 factors you should keep in mind when you’re on the hunt for your dream wedding venue in Florida.
From budget hacks to nailing the vibe and practical stuff, we’ve got all the details. So, let’s get this party started and find the venue that’ll make your wedding dreams come true!
12 Things To Consider When Picking Your Wedding Venue:
- Budget: This is probably the most important factor to consider when selecting a wedding venue. You’ll want to make sure that you can afford the venue you choose, and that it fits within your overall wedding budget. We love when wedding venues offer multiple packages, that way you can choose the best option that works for you. Look for venues that offer packages which bundle in items that other places would have you pay for separately, such as wedding and timeline coordination, vendor coordination, and decor selections.
- Uniqueness: Consider what you think will set your wedding apart from your guests’ perspective. Let’s face it, we’ve all been to a wedding that was a little more “snooze” than “celebration.” What will make your day even more memorable? Does your venue allow for unique touches, like a late-night snack hut, s’mores bar, champagne wall, fire pit, and cornhole?
- Availability: Make sure that the venue you choose is available on the date you want to get married. Some venues book up quickly, so it’s important to start your search early!
- Location: The physical location of your wedding venue is also important. You’ll want to choose a venue that is not only convenient for your guests to get to, but is also in the general area of somewhere you personally enjoy. In south Florida, there are so many location options ranging from beaches to barns, forests to museums — it all depends where you love to be!
- Capacity: This is crucial, and something many couples overlook until the last minute. Make sure that the venue you choose can accommodate the number of guests you plan to invite. You don’t want to choose a venue that is too small and cramped, or too large and empty. If you aren’t sure about the number of guests but have an estimate, talk to your venue about what a low-range and high-range of guests could look like at their venue. For example, some venues like The Rustica can change up the table arrangements to make sure no guest count looks out of place.
- Style: You may not have all the nitty gritty details pinned on your Pinterest board yet, but when you picture your magical day, what comes to mind? Boho vibes with mismatched chairs? Elegance and black-tie dress code? Casual comfort with some BBQ? Many wedding venues in southern Florida are catered to a specific style, and it’s important that matches what you have in mind!
Here at the Rustica, we have created the venue from the ground up, allowing a blank canvas that suits all styles and inspirations. See our full Photo Gallery here!
- Amenities: Consider what amenities the venue offers, such as tables and chairs, linens, and lighting. You’ll want to choose a venue that offers the amenities you need, or that allows you to bring in your own vendors to allow you flexibility in creating your dream wedding.
- Weather: If you’re planning an outdoor wedding in Florida, it is absolutely NON-NEGOTIABLE that the venue has a backup plan in case of bad weather! You don’t want to be caught off guard if it starts raining on your wedding day (it happened to us!). Whether its a series of tents, umbrellas, or an interior option, this is so important! Plus, it’s not just rain you need to consider. Does your venue have top-tier generators to help keep the party going if the power goes out?
Did you know? At the Rustica, we have weather contingencies on site including outdoor tents, covered awning, an indoor ceremony option, an AC and covered reception hall, and even a Generac in the event of a power outage.
- Space To Get Ready: Ask your wedding venue where the bridal party and groomsmen will be able to get ready for the big day, and what amenities are offered in those areas. For example, is there a mini fridge for mimosas and waters, or a coffee bar? Is there room for all the dresses and tuxes, and vanity mirrors for the bridesmaids to primp? Don’t settle for a small space that was thrown together last minute. Treat your wedding party like the VIPs they are!
- Parking: Parking is often overlooked at many venues and can be a real hassle for your guests. Make sure that the venue has adequate parking for your guests. You don’t want your guests to have to park far away and walk a long distance to get to your wedding — especially in the Florida humidity!
- Accessibility: Consider the accessibility of the venue for your guests, especially guests who may be elderly. If you have guests with mobility issues, make sure that the venue is wheelchair accessible in its entirety (from the parking lot to the bathrooms).
- Reputation: Finally, consider the reputation of the venue. Browse Google and Facebook for reviews from other couples who have gotten married at your prospective venue, and make sure that the venue has a good reputation for quality and service.
By considering the top ten factors we’ve shared in this post, you will have everything you need to make the right decision for your wedding venue in Florida.
Just remember to do your homework, visit potential venues, ask questions (no such thing as too many!), and take your sweet time to make a choice that feels right.
Cheers to your happily ever after!